UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss regular users of mapei/durabase ci/hardi ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

hi guys and girls, a local tile shop have started stocking mapei, durabase ci, and hardi.
I dont normally use these makes as they havent been easily accesible to me and i want to give them a go and need advice on which to use? here is the details of my next job!

total floor area is 32m2 devided into two rooms
1st floor area is 12m2 which is a conservatory the floor is concrete with battens every 300mm and 22mm chipboard screwed down to the battens. the customer has several dogs and mops the floor alot, they dont want me to remove the chipboard and screed the area
This area i was intending to prime the boards with sbr and either fitt durabase ci or hardi backer which mapei adhesive would you use to secure either of the two too the floor? and would you use durabase or hardi?

2nd floor area which is lower and the height cant be made up due to door levels (wont be able to open front double glazed door) this is sand cement screed and a bit uneven,
This area i intend to prime with sbr and then apply slc and then tile and grout.

The tiles are porcelain unglazed unpolished 600x300mm the two rooms are split by a wide threshold so i will have an expansion joint each side of this so no probs with the two different substrates as the tiles are not covering both substrates and there is an expansion joint under the threshold.
No under floor heating etc.

so the questions are?
  1. would you use durabase or hardi on the chipboard?
  2. what adhesive would you use for the wooden area under and above the durabase or hardi?
  3. what self levelling would you use?
  4. what adhesive for the screeded area?
  5. and what grout this must be used for the two areas as i dont want any difference in colour shade?
I could have kept it simples and stuck with bal and marmox, but decided to give the other manufacturers a go and see how i get on

Thanks in advance for your replies:thumbsup:

1. would you use durabase or hardi on the chipboard?
  2. what adhesive would you use for the wooden area under and above the durabase or hardi?
  3. what self levelling would you use?
  4. what adhesive for the screeded area?
  5. and what grout this must be used for the two areas as i dont want any difference in colour shade?
1. I would use durabase, and would stick it with ,,adesilex vs45,, glue,
would be even better to over board it with 6 - 12mm ply
2. I would stick dura like i said with ,,adesilex vs 45'' you can use this glue with under floor heating too, above dura i would use non polymer modified adheasive, if you fixing porcelain then i would use modified adhesive
3. I would use Mira X - plan self leveling compound, it's fiber reinforced
4. You can use mapei Keraquick
5. mapei ultra color will do the job

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to regular users of mapei/durabase ci/hardi ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.