Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Relay/Contactor Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

japers

Hello all
I have bought some Heatmiser 12v Network Thermostats and need to use one of these to actuate my underfloor heating (240V/2KW so that is roughly 8A).
I am therefore looking at 12V Relays or Contactors that would be able to switch this on. From reading through some of the threads, it seems a relay would be better if possible. I have found the following from Maplin which is 15A so lots of spare capacity:
The bit that concerns me is the "Maximum switching power 450W resistive" - sounds like it won't handle the load or would it? (Maplins also do a 30A one but the resistive is 840W).
Alternatively RS do one but there is no mention of resistive load:
I'd be so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as am a bit confused!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Relay/Contactor Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
S
evening i need some help, i had a extension built by a ompany called glassbox, and they went...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
R
Evening all, its been a long old time since I put up one on my mind numbing posts that you love...
Replies
Views
T
Okay, Had a bit of a brain wave. I want you to all think of a few questions that you'd like...
Replies
Views
D
Expert advice for professional installers on drilling porcelain tiles. By Richard Hazell of 365...
Replies
Views
jamesy07
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Relay/Contactor Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.