Discuss Removal of grout on big job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I use one of these. Dave at tradetiler sells them also a Dewalt version. 26088290.jpg Excellent for grout removal.

A

alexc1989

We are using mapei with an aditve. Have done 100 meters in 2 nights using angl grinder and wet sponge and the grout has held no cracking.The tiles arent loose it is the floor underneath which the client was also told before the start of the job but said to get on with it because they didnt want another week adding on the job. Yes we are suplying the grout but hasnt used much being 2ml joints. Have used the bal with gt1 admix before i should have thought of using that. Just have to see if this works.

G

Gall.B

had to regrout it twice m8, we were subd 2 a german firm the adhesive was 2 part flex onto ditra matt the grout on the job was in german but we recognised it as sontex kitchen grout unbloody real but told 2 carry on the grout turned to dust as predicted, easy enough to remove. Next up was mapei silver grey to light for a heavy trafficed floor & it struggled 2 cope with movement in some places so as the floor space ran over 3 buildings up 2 300 years old lastly it was done in bal with admix, then same again in the dublin store. This is what happens when flooring companys take on big ceramic work.

G

Gall.B

Hope u got paid for that! Makes me feel better that this is only 125m2 but dont fancy doing it again if this mapei doesnt work.

Yeah got paid no probs was between the client & the flooring company we were subd to frasers paid for the second re grout was told it cost 20,000 in total between security leccy materials and wages

you should be fine with the admix bud.

A

Aspesim

At last a post I can reply too!!

I'm not a tiler or a builder or anything like that but my advice would be to to invest in a tool called the Exakt Saw (I have the EC320 model which is the brownish colour casing, this one has been improved over the others, which why its sligtly more expensive).

I used this tool last night to channel out a wall for cabling and had the minimalist amount of dust to clean up afterwards thanks to the extractor connection and didn't even need to wear a mask!

Hope this helps
Simon.

Reply to Removal of grout on big job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
I have just ripped out my old bathroom and refitted it with new beige porcelain tiles. I grouted...
Replies
Views
Dazzer
D
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new signup here beginning first tiling job. We've got a conservatory room at the back...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Removal of grout on big job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.