Discuss Removing Adhesive (Lino) Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

T

tafkap68

Just been prepping for a job and had to remove 8m2 of adhesive backed lino floor tiles from floorboards before starting the job.
Not removed these before so I guessed at half a day to remove them but it took all day:icon8: Just wondering if anyone else has removed these before and has any tips. I was just lifting them off with a scraper but this takes forever. Somebody suggested using a heat gun to relax the adhesive but my liability insurance doesn't cover for the use of these.
I feel like I should have just screwed down the ply over the tiles but I really prefer to do a good job without taking shortcuts. Next time I will get the customer to remove them themselves or charge a lot more for doing it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It is a case of just getting stuck in. Sometimes they are not fixed so well, sometimes they jus don't want to come off the damn floor. Heat guns can help, you can use a hot air blower or a flame gun, obviously the hot-air is safer and should really be covered by your liability.

We've all removed them and all hate doing it but we'll pretty much all do it again one day.

Next time, get the customer to get most of them up or charge them well for doing it yourself.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing Adhesive (Lino) Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB