Discuss Removing chipped travertine floor tiles. in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Had a job tod Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 002.jpg ay for a customer who ha Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 001.jpg s travertine floor, some of the tiles cracked so she got the tiler back to replace them. Well he chipped the edges on loads more trying to remove them with just a club hammer and chisle. Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 004.jpg Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 005.jpg i have 8 to remove and this is how it should be done. Remove grout with fein multimaster, then set the makita depth gauge to the thickness of the tile and cut corner to corner...then gentle use a SDS drill and the tile will come out without damaging the others. :thumbsup: Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 018.jpg Floor Repair- Tunbridge Well 012.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing chipped travertine floor tiles. in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, We currently have travertine floor tiles with wet UFH underneath. Some of the tiles have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB