Discuss Removing drip stains from marble in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

i dont think you have given enough info unless i am missing part of the thread.
i acn only see this page
what i would like to know is if these stains were evident before stone fixed. if this is the case could be marks fom marble standing in a pallet and rained on.
if you are looking at a job that has been fixed by someone else then it would be good to know what sealer was used.
i have had probelms in the past where stone has been dried and presealed before delivery and fixing.
too much sealer not wiped off before it has dried or leaving stone out in the sun can cause stains.
if it is stain stop mn i have used lithofin asr but you have to be careful with it.
if you can gfill me in with more info i may able to help

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Hi jonny,

I didn't lay the tiles, and the guy who layed them is on holiday, but I would like to think that he wouldn't have laid them if the marks were already evident.
the sealer that was on the job, so i'm assuming it's what was used, is lithofin protective impregnator fz w (clearly states for porcelain tiles).
I've used wax-off, as recommended by lithofin tech, to remove the sealer, but it's hard to know if its actually removed it all (3 coats I believe)!?!
since using the wax-off, I've tried light sanding, wire wool, warm soapy water, marble wax, re-applying the impregnator (in case the drips were sealer), and a stone tile restorer from wickes (don't ask!?!).....
We've been offered free hire of a buffer next week, as local tile shop, who have been really helpful (thanks Hyperian Tiles of Ascot), reckon it'll get the marks off eventually!?!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing drip stains from marble in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a new porcelain patio installed several months ago, and we have been struggling ever since...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB