Discuss Removing floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

N

NW tiler

Just had a day of removing tiles.

Kitchen wall was dead easy, tiles came off no problem revealing perfect, smooth plaster underneath. The adhesive hadn't stuck to the plaster so I assume the previous tiler hadn't primed the wall.

The floor was a different matter. Used my sds hammer drill to take up 25m2 of floor tiles, took about 2 hours, the customer thankfully took them all to the tip. Now the tiles are up the adhesive is proving nearly impossible to get up. The original floor was concrete. My hammer drill has overheated so I can't use that, tried a scraper with a 1ft handle which is working to a degree, I managed to get up about 10cm2 in 10 minutes! :mad2:

Is there a quicker way to get the adhesive up? I can't use self leveling concrete because there are two UPVC doors which are already low to the floor. How much of the adhesive has got to come up, just the ridges?

Any ideas?

R

Raja

Been there many times my self

Always end up on hands and knees using a scraper

Believe it or not this thing i got from Topps last year called THE MUTT
is the dogs dangley bits

mutty.jpg

Paid about £16 trade price for it give good leverage when removing stubborn adhesive lumps

IT is just a big flat heavy duty scraper not tilted as in picture.

All the best Raja

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB