Discuss Removing old tiles and floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DoubleuXYZ

Hi

Im trying to prep my bathroom for a re-fit, but am struggling with takin up the old tiles and floorboards. The tiles just chip in small peices, and the floorboard screws are impossible to get too because of the glue used on the tiles.

B77676DC-4B2C-45B7-9235-BB61B6BB1E3C.jpeg

I’m running out of patience... can anyone give me advice on how I should be doing this?

Thanks

5510DDD1-344B-4163-A5D5-D8AB41DC1792.jpeg
B2C7A0C7-CE46-49E5-8254-189D2D27E92B.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
On a side note, PTFE tape on the threads of compression fittings doesn’t help to seal them, the joint is made via the olive and a bevelled edge on the fitting. The thread is a means of attaching the nut so that the compressing of the olive can take place.

I took on a young lad who was a qualified plumber on paper but had not got a single days on site experience, he was taught to put PTFE on all compression joints by his tutor.
When questioned about the tutors plumbing experience, apparently he started out plumbing and soon after moved into site management where he stayed until the housing crash around 2008 so decided to move into teaching.
It took a while to undo some bad habits.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
No need for the PTFE, just put the nut on pipe followed by the olive, wipe a small amount of jointing compound around outside edge of pipe and slide into fitting.
The jointing compound helps seal the olive into the fitting and also stops the nut from binding on the fitting.
I only ever use PTFE with compound on male threaded fittings such as rad valves etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing old tiles and floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB