UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Repair chips in porcelain tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Got a problem on a job just finished.
Two tiles have got very small chips approx 2-3mm round on edge of tile, which came about when had to remove tiles next to them when a towel rail had to be moved.
The problem is that cannot get replacements from same batch.
They are very expensive white porcelain with sparkling flecks .
I need to try and repair .
I could do this with stone no problem but have never tried on porcelain.
The tile is semi polished i guess .
Anyone achieved this before.
If so with what product.

S

Spud

Got a problem on a job just finished.
Two tiles have got very small chips approx 2-3mm round on edge of tile, which came about when had to remove tiles next to them when a towel rail had to be moved.
The problem is that cannot get replacements from same batch.
They are very expensive white porcelain with sparkling flecks .
I need to try and repair .
I could do this with stone no problem but have never tried on porcelain.
The tile is semi polished i guess .
Anyone achieved this before.
If so with what product.
I dont know of anything which can do it Jonny if you had the chips superglue would probably your best bet but akemi doesnt face fill very well on porcelain

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As Ray above for me Jonny, I did it once under the guidence of a marble/granite worktop guy. If you can match the colour, you mix the two part epoxy ratio: filler an orange, hardener a golf ball, (scale down to suit).

I mixed the amount I needed, applied it slightly proud of surface, left it to start to firm up, and then using a stanley knife blade wet with washing up liquid and water, drew the blade over the epoxy.

I think getting the colour match is the hardest part, plus the timing. Good luck Jonny.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Repair chips in porcelain tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Would anyone be able to advise on repairing a chip on a light beige porcelain tile?
Replies
Views
CP company
C
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.