UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Repair old SLC or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slikt

Guys,

I've just taken up old vinyl tiles in my kitchen and 40% have taken the old SLC up with leaving areas down to the concrete, i'm laying insulation boards over it using 'Mapei Proflex' my question is, should i skim over the patches first (only 1-2mm deep) with some adhesive and let it dry or just lay a nice base coat of adhesive and lay the boards? Cheers

Pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1210.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 46
S

slikt

What is the floor made of? It is hard to tell from the pics.

As long as the floor is prepped correctly I would SLC as above. You don't want any voids under the boards.

Its a concrete sub floor with a SLC screed. The areas of damage is where i've lifted the old vinyl tiles off.

Had someone on my other post tell me to use the adhesive to act as a filler, so I've gone with running a thin coat of Mapei ProFlex adhesive over the top as i'm using this to adhere the boards in the morning. Maybe not by the book, but i'm 99% sure this will be ok :blush5: (I hope) lol ???

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Repair old SLC or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Repair old SLC or not?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.