Discuss Repairing Plaster Before Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
yeh the render looks sound but theres holes in the plaster that surely need to be filled before boarding?

The idea of boarding over mate is to provide a flat finishable surface more swiftly and quickly than patch repair and plaster.
I can only see one of "hole" and it wouldn't worry me.

Many thanks for the advice. Does the render need to be prep before

Im not going to swear on the forum but. The render may/will need priming before applying your board adhesive. Sod it ill say it, most manufacturers would probably recommend PVA for this. See what is recommended on the adhesive you purchase.
I would look to remove the top coat of plaster though as i said before. Better safe than sorry if some of it's blown. Would recommend taper edged board rather than square edge. You can then fill the joins yourself and it is said you can paint straight to it rather than skimming. If painting that wall is the route you opt for.
Don't push lie painting though. Two or three undercoats and a bathrooms suitable paint for the finish coat(s)

C

chrisb1357

Hi all

I appreciate your help very much on here and its good to get peoples views. I am unable to remove back to the breeze block as the council only approved the removal of the skim. Not sure where to go from here to be honest.

Here are the latest pics

8616464433_0aee62db77_z.jpg

8616465069_55ac963b4e_z.jpg

Ah was on the mobile on the train when i was posting earlier so never went back and looked again at the picture.
Chris. Remove back to the brick and then dry line. Sorry for the confusion.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
In that case. I think WB might be guiding yet down the right route. Even if yet went back to brick you would be adding depth by boarding i reckon. Plus you got tiles and addy to take into account.

Sometimes a slow process getting the right solution when its being asked over a forum. So much easier to be stood in front of what you are looking at. Your other picture didn't show the door.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Repairing Plaster Before Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB