Discuss Replacement tile saw needed very soon. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cyclonebri1

Hi, none professional use but nI seem to be doing a never ending stream of tiling jobs for the junior family. 35sm porcelain floor and 12sm bathroom wall tiles again porcelain, but these are whoppers.

For a good fe years now I have used a simple wickes 500watt table sawwith good results even on 600mm sq tiles in porcelain. I'ts not going to see these jobs out as the motor is getting very noisy so need a cost effective replacement. Wickes machine was ok but the guide was useless and I cut everything to mark.

Don't want to go to an overarm machine because of the tile size. Looking at 650 700watt?

Any favoured options that fit the bill? As said not professional use but I do want to get a few cuts out of it.:thumbsup:

Cheers guys

D

diamondtiling

grinder with a marcrist ck850 diamond blade i use on large tiles 600 plus for cut outs much quicker than a fiddly wet saw no water spray either!:thumbsup:

There is no way that is quicker than a decent wet saw, nor will it give as clean and as straight a cut.

http://www.sigmaitalia.com/?lang=en

Get a sigma 10m and see just how good a true wet cutter should be.

G

garretridge

grinder with a marcrist ck850 diamond blade i use on large tiles 600 plus for cut outs much quicker than a fiddly wet saw no water spray either!:thumbsup:

There is no way that is quicker than a decent wet saw, nor will it give as clean and as straight a cut.

http://www.sigmaitalia.com/?lang=en

Get a sigma 10m and see just how good a true wet cutter should be.

i have a dewalt 24000 for accurate or delicate work but on jobs with just cutting around perimiter of room under skirting etc i use the angle grinder i am not saying to use it for every job just in my opinion its fast and accuate when you get the hang of it each to there own!:thumbsup:

C

cyclonebri1

I must be physcic then, after earlier advice and before I read the last 2 posts that's exactly the one I ordered yesterday. £99 delivered. Seems to tick the boxes although 50%of reviews are crap and 50% excellant. Stocked by tradetiler as Diamond suggested so hopefully will be suitable quality

Thanks for the advice and I will post some feedback when I've used it this weekend, Cheers:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cyclonebri1

Ok, the saw arrived yesterday, Thursday. Used the old Wickes one up until then.

I have to say this is a great little saw. Very good sized table, water circulation system that actually works provided it's set up level, and the cut quality or lack of chipping is superior to the old machine. I cannot imagine any diy user or even a jobbing pro needing a better unit than this. I can only assume the negative reviews were the classic "poor workman blames his tools " scenario.

Cheers chaps and thanks for the advice

Reply to Replacement tile saw needed very soon. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hello lads It was just over 3 years that I have been using my Dewalt tile saw when it got...
Replies
Views
B
Sold my last Rubi, TX1200 last month and purchased the Montolit Flashline Evo rail system that...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Replacement tile saw needed very soon.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks