Discuss Replacing Chipboard Floor and Prep for UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jazzhands

Hi

I have a small bathroom 2.4x2.5m divide by a step up across the middle which is where the bath and basin go. Plumber needs to remove the chipboard floor on the step level to plumb in new bath and vanity.

Considering what to put back down once he's done and that will also be suitable for UFH.

Is there a cement insulation board that will go directly onto joists (with noggins) that I can then put UFH mat onto and if so what thickness?

<or>

Should I board it with WBP ply first then overboard with insulation board and if so what thickness?

What would you guys do?

Cheers
Gaz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Replacing Chipboard Floor and Prep for UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi guys A little advice if possible I have a bathroom 2.6 x1.9 on joists 18” gaps New weyroc...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB