UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rescued limestone from the skip, advice on whether to seal the back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

c james

Re: Rescued limestone from the skip, advice on whether to seal the bac

OK image here i hope,

I just did some mosiac tiles from fired earth a real headache as no lines ever matched, just checked with pregnant gf with her parents away all ok.

So at the end of the day another question is can skill make a crap tile look good to the friends visiting......?

IMG_0117.JPG

Thanks

CJ

I

Ian

Has anyone ever done the garden random paving slab with squares, rectangles and small square in a tile design before?

Cheers
CJ

Yeah, it's called opus/French/modular pattern, there are a few names. What size are the tiles (or what size are they meant to be!) if you set a wet saw up, recutting them to a uniform size won't take as long as you think.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Trying to make them square will be a maul IMO. Can't you just buy some cheap 6x6 and stick a cheap border in there to liven it up?

You'll need to find which edges are not square for each tile as some may be a parallelogram. Which means measuring the tile from corner to corner diagonally to find the shorter measurement. Then you're cutting each tile down to it's smaller size. Which might be a different size for each tile as some might be more out than others.

If you set up just say 590 on a table saw and cut both ways, you may still end up with a parallelogram, just smaller. So you'd still have the problem just now with smaller tiles.

parallelogram1.gif

Try measuring a few from corner to corner diagonally and see if they do seem to be shaped like in the picture.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rescued limestone from the skip, advice on whether to seal the back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm after some advice please. I've been tiling a few years but never even asked to do...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.