Search the forum,

Discuss Reusing material not typically used in tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
I’m new to the tiling scene. As a camp ranger I take care of a property in Massachusetts USA. I have a handicap shower stall that I need to replace and update. It is in my main cabin on the property and I thought a stone veneer would look amazing in the stall as the building is all wood inside and out. My question is can old roof slate be used in place of traditional tile? I unfortunately don’t have funds to purchase the materials so I am looking to find donations or low cost materials and I’m seeing a lot of old roof slate in my area available at little to no cost.

Reply to Reusing material not typically used in tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement