UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Review: New Rubi Duplex paddle mixer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I have been using the new Rubi Duplex twin headed paddle mixer for the past 2 weeks....

It is a really fast mixer when compared to a single paddle mixer...

The Rubi duplex paddle mixer has a good power rate as well..1350w

Well i thought lets put the Rubi duplex paddle mixer through it's paces...

So i set it up ready to go....

And it quickly mixed up my batch of flexible floor adhesive...

As you can see it is a really creamy mix..... I was impressed at how fast it mixed...

The Rubi duplex has 6 speed settings located on the handle where the power trigger is and you can alter the speed whilst the Rubi duplex is running..

Anyway that job was to install Ditra mat......

This job is the one i posted pics of last week...the tumbled marble one...

The Rubi duplex heads rotate in 2 directions...one to the right and the other to the left, this gives optimum mixing and no lumps...

It also cleans off easy...i first thought god!! that will be hard to clean but actually it was easy.....just a quick blast in clean water and a little touch up with a hand brush and it's clean...

The threads for the paddles are left and right hand threaded and the paddles are lettered which is which..L&R so make sure you use the correct paddle on each thread.....not spending ages like i did thinking it was cross threading...:lol:

So all in all the Rubi duplex is a great paddle mixer and at around £100 it will not break the bank....:thumbsup:

So i highly recommend the Rubi duplex paddle mixer and maybe Tradetiler will get them in stock for our members to buy...

So once again thanks to Rubi for letting me road test the Rubi duplex twin headed paddle mixer...

U

user123

Re: Review of the new Rubi Duplex paddle mixer.

re the paddle mixer - it looks as if you're leaning forward a bit, Dave, don't know how tall you are - do they have longer paddles or paddle extensions for those with dodgy backs?

The Rubi duplex heads rotate in 2 directions...one to the right and the other to the left, this gives optimum mixing and no lumps...

Same principle as a handheld food mixer then, I remember being laughed at when I mentioned I use an old food mixer for tiny amounts of addy and grout....pah... :20:

C

Colour Republic

Re: Review of the new Rubi Duplex paddle mixer.

Thats not me in the pics....:smilewinkgrin:..it's my son....all 6ft 6 of him......so he is bound to bend over whilst mixing...:lol:

The cheek of you:lol: You write a review and you didn't even use it, you got your lacky to do it!!!:ban:

Get your son on here, i'd like to know what he thought of the Rubi:lol:

D

DHTiling

Trade tiler now stocks the single paddle version of this mixer...

Tradetiler Tile mixer Rubimix

rubimix-9-550.jpg
Rubi Mix 9 Basic Line

From Rubi's new 'Basic Line' of tools

1100 W Motor
- Electronic speed thumb control
- Hi/low gearbox
- Easy grip handles
- includes sturdy whisk
- Industry standard M14 thread coupling
- 6 month warrantee
- Includes 2 spanners and spare motor brushes

Reply to Review: New Rubi Duplex paddle mixer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
A
Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go! I’m having major probs with my...
Replies
Views
Andrew Smith
A
C
Hi All, Im new to the forum, so go easy with me!!! Im after some advice please. I purchased a...
Replies
Views
One Day
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.