Discuss rhodesian(something like that) hardwood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All

Just been to look at a job and its a concrete floor that then goes into a room that is the same level as the concrete floor but is made up of squares of this hardwood floor that are roughly 400x400mm which are made up off smaller blocks (parquet flooring style),these are stuck to a black membrane,bit like a DPM which is also slightly tacky. these tiles??? are then glued to the floor. They are about 8mm thick.
They have been down for about 10 years and have had no movement,the customers have just sanded them to take the sealant off.
My question is it possible to tile on to it or dig it up and maybe use a backerboard to level the floors

Many thanks

Mark
MS.Tiles

Hi
The black stuff is what holds all the blocks together and as far as ive seen, they took up a small section, doesnt stick to the floor,just the glue remains that was used to lay the tiles in the first place. i have some photos that i'll try and put on here if i can.
With regards to the levelling if they do get pulled up, a 6mm hardibacker board will fill the gap perfectly. it is a concrete floor below.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to rhodesian(something like that) hardwood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

welwyn garden city

Thread Information

Title
rhodesian(something like that) hardwood floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.