Discuss Right! lets see what all the fuss is about... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

So whats the big deal??

sigma1.jpg

Ohhh great! gonna have to send this one straight back. Some idiot has put the handle on the wrong way!

sigma2.jpg

As a side note, has anybody bought all three types of handle and interchanged them? Don't think I could get use to the pull one but could see the klick klock one being useful from time to time

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I had the max handle on mine, couldn't get on with it, persevered for a year but still couldn't, it was lining up cuts that was the problem for me. Then Dave suggested a Klick Klock, what a difference, I can line anything up no worries plus all the benefits of the best cutter. Happy days :thumbsup:

W

White Room

I had the max handle on mine, couldn't get on with it, persevered for a year but still couldn't, it was lining up cuts that was the problem for me. Then Dave suggested a Klick Klock, what a difference, I can line anything up no worries plus all the benefits of the best cutter. Happy days :thumbsup:

As gamma, tried the pull handle and could'nt get on with it so went for the KK....

STEVO

TF
stockport
any chance of some pics of yours so we can see the difference?

C

Colour Republic

The one I got was the MAX - push to score. It's bad enough having to get use to the cutter being the wrong way round without having to throw the whole pull thing in to the mix.

But wouldn't mind maybe trying the klick klock (which is also push to score right?) only to see how the flip over breaker feels different. The main reason for not going with the KK is because I thought that hinge on the handle might lose some of the sensitivity you get when applying pressure to the tile as you score... but never used one so might be way off on that.

So it seems a few guys have changed handles. How much guys? This one id the 'D' series, the 900mm one which I believe has the fatter bar. So handle to suit

W

White Room

The one I got was the MAX - push to score. It's bad enough having to get use to the cutter being the wrong way round without having to throw the whole pull thing in to the mix.

But wouldn't mind maybe trying the klick klock (which is also push to score right?) only to see how the flip over breaker feels different. The main reason for not going with the KK is because I thought that hinge on the handle might lose some of the sensitivity you get when applying pressure to the tile as you score... but never used one so might be way off on that.

So it seems a few guys have changed handles. How much guys? This one id the 'D' series, the 900mm one which I believe has the fatter bar. So handle to suit

Changed my max handle for the KK on my 900, got a replacement from tool venture and it cost £65 including postage...ouch, other suppliers maybe cheaper.

Reply to Right! lets see what all the fuss is about... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to the forum, I'm a customer of a bodged tiling job done 2 years ago by a general...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB