Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Right, , , , ,New Build, , , Time for tiling !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Let me ava'go.

:book: ok, enough reading on the forums, decided my plan of action, post it here and see what you all think. . .

I am building a house, and Im coming up to the tiling pritty fast. . . .
I have a contractor in for the build, , , going well so far, , , screed going in tomorrow. . . . all the walls have skim on them . . ready for painting/tiling.

ok, batrooms, we are tiling the floor and behind the shower, and also splashback on sinks. .

kitchen, floor.
pourch, floor.
utilitly and back hall, floor.

more than likely ceramic throughout, unless i see a fab kitchen floor tile porcelin.

all tiles will be decent size for the areas, save on grouting/cutting/tiles.
house is 2 story, hollowcore, solid block walls.

QUESTIONS.

1, on the walls on the house, currently new skim. can i go straight in and tile these, why have i read somewhere about priming, , ,

2, really confused about adhesives, flexi, non flexi, single part etc.. . .
for my walls and floor can i use the same adhesive. does it have to be flexi stuff? is this better? was planning on using the below for both from B&Q, its a Mapei brand.
Buildfix Single Part Super Flexible Adhesive White 20kg, 8022452048104

3, tiles are going to be the standard size in bathrooms, about the size 200mm by 240mm. kitchen tiles bit bigger, hopefully getting a nice practical tile, , , not all fashion here, , , im not going cleaning them every hour. What do people say about B&Q Tiles, we just like the selection, and we are going for a right look this weekend also.

4, Grout i see the somepeople are, "white on walls, grey on floors", any particular brand, again, B&Q will be handy as im going ther.. . unless someone can point me to a place in belfast for other stuff.

tink thats it for now. . .lol. . . if i get advise on these it would be great, ,
thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Right, , , , ,New Build, , , Time for tiling !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Right, , , , ,New Build, , , Time for tiling !!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.