UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Room 101 of tiling ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Old tilers,:oops: no that's me:prrr: OK then pretend tilers of any age, tilers who talk a good job, the dilution of skills, architects, builders, clients who will not listen to the advice of a real pro. Black grout, clowns, clowns who become tilers, clowns who become builders/plumbers and then think they can tile.

People who think tilers just do bathrooms/ kitchens, walls and floors. Tiling is far more than bathroom bashing, it is still a very highly skilled trade/art.

Old school tilers who bang on about how tiling used to be, again that's me. Oh begger it, room 101 for everything.:thumbsdown: :lol:

P

Pebbs

I would put in lead architects on contracts who are under the age of 26, they may think they know everything, but they should learn to listen to those who have been doing their trades before the said architect was even born. A good architect will listen, and ask for advice and work with you for solutions to overcome problems.
I would also put project managers in there who are fresh out of college, for the same reasons.
I would also put made up names of marble and stone in there, you can give anything a fancy name, but at the end of the day you are just con artists trying to bamboozle the customer.
Also I would ban women on site....just kidding!

Pebbs

A

Alan M

I would put in lead architects on contracts who are under the age of 26, they may think they know everything, but they should learn to listen to those who have been doing their trades before the said architect was even born. A good architect will listen, and ask for advice and work with you for solutions to overcome problems.
I would also put project managers in there who are fresh out of college, for the same reasons.
Pebbs

not talking about you pebbs
i thiink i would put in the opposite of that .
old farts that think they know it all.
old farts that refuse to give in to modern ways of doing things and new materials etc.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

old farts that refuse to give in to modern ways of doing things and new materials etc.

I would agree with that Alan, they are as bad as the young know it all types. I am an old fart, but I keep up to date on all new methods/ material. I know some guys my age who have never heard of tanking, backer boards, de-coupling membranes, etc. They can go in room 101 for me.:ban:

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree with that Alan, they are as bad as the young know it all types. I am an old fart, but I keep up to date on all new methods/ material. I know some guys my age who have never heard of tanking, backer boards, de-coupling membranes, etc. They can go in room 101 for me.:ban:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Builders...and 6mm ply:mad2:

Been working with an old builder friend of mine today, and we were chatting about different trades and he said he wouldn't touch anything he couldn't do to an exceptional standard i.e. only bricks and stone. Goes nowhere near plastering, tiling, joinery etc. But he is one exceptional builder, particularly with stone and I take my hat off to him.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Customers who as you are getting your kit -out want to know when you are going to be finished .
Other tilers with dirty tools and cheap gear.
Other trade's that think they know all about tiling,and give other lads a running commentary of why you are doing each stage, when they should be getting on with there jobs!.
Tilers on your job making out they used to do swimming pools lol ( well why have they called me in then!! if your so good ) lol.
them thunder-box stinking chemical toilet's !! you know 30 blokes on site =one toilet lol.

Reply to Room 101 of tiling ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.