Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dad

I just had a nightmare with a job using HR Johnson RE and REX tiles. My client didn't want trims, so I ordered rounded edge tiles from Johnson's factory shop on back order. They arrived as planned, but when I came to fix them, I noticed that the rounded edge tiles were around 1mm to 1.5mm smaller than the plain tiles (on 200mm x 200mm tiles) this looked awful with the planned 3mm grout lines and I decided to abort the job. Johnson's have since told me that the size difference was due to the biscuits for the RE/REX tiles being made in Spain unlike those for he plain tiles. - and they were - quote: "within tolerance" WTF??? Call me fussy, but I refuse to fit them and have sent the RE/REX's back and will be using trim (against my wishes):mad2:

Reply to Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Planning on tiling with a "border tile" along the top. It's an inset area with a sink, 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
Can I ask advice please; I have MS and the worry is making me ill. The tiles are all chipped...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.