Discuss Rplacing shower tiles now face a big problem in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

I

Iain79

Hi all
Right i have a big problem... I have taken 9 tiles of the side of the bath without damaging the other tiles.. I doing this because the tiles were lose and grout was crack and have been for about 2 years.. this is where i find myself being an idot for leaving it too long.. the adisive (not sure if that how you spell it) came off on the tiles so the plaster bored is intact.. or plaster on top of it is... But it damp and very damp if you ask me... been told the whole lot need to be rip out and replace will cost me a fourtune.. but this wasnt from a builder it from my father in-law.. will have to save a while to do this.. but is this a possible soloution below

Let it dry out for about a week
the re tile it???
mean i have to bath all week

i attach a pictue for you guys ij.jpg ij.jpg

I

Iain79

Not want to do a temp fix gonna replace the plaster bored.. The plaster bored stops at top of the bath... yesturday i cut a bit out & it was really soft. Hoping to find a wood frame behind it to my horror nope.. brick wall behind it and looks as thou the put some sort of cement blob over the wall to hold the plaster bored!!!

1) What do i do to get the new plaster bored to stick up??

Also we had a leak under bath only found out as i wanted to see the damge below the bath and yep water got down the back.. further away from the shower you go the better it looks (DRY) The leak was from the watse pipe from the bath i can fix this meself not a problem but is quite wet.. Thanks god we had concreate floor... so gonna give a week to dry.. but the wall at the back under bath is damp so i assume because i cant get to it just let it dry out as it hidden & not like it holding anything.. only wanted to replace a few tiles this is a nightmare!!!

Upvote 0
yes there is a shower where it realy bad it that where the water was hitting.... gonna cut it out and replace... water got in because crack in grount and left it for 2 years... i teaken above tile look dry but feels wet i up load a pic u think i should cut the ones above off too????

The water didnt get in because of the crack in the grout. The water got in because there was no waterproofing. Even if you dry it all out the entire install will be contaminated and possibly mouldy. You will need to rip it all out and start again including any framing that has been effected by moisture.
Be sure to waterproof all the wet areas before putting any tiles up again. Tiles and grout must never be considered as part of the waterproofing.

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rplacing shower tiles now face a big problem in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB