UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi 25944 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

i had an evolution mixer lasted about 3 months, but in saying that thats when i was doing all the big department store floors thousands of mrts so maybe it did its job not sure how many mixes you would expect out of one of theses tools

I have been using an evolution twister for about a year or so now , mixes every day and seems to be holding up... needed a quick paddle mixer when rubi went..:(.. but will be an Eibenstock when this one goes..

B

Bubblecraft

Lmao. The Rubi is not a budget range mixer Dave. I also have the green evolution mixer which I use for plaster & it's still going strong 2 years down the line though I have had to replaced the cable. Was half the price of a Rubi. I can assure you, I may be a multi trader, but I'll give any Tiler a run for the money! I've seen some dodgy tiling in my time from so called "pro tilers" with there 25 years experience lol. My question isn't who's the better Tiler but does anyone have the same mixer with the same smell? I dont use it everyday so wasnt sure if any dampness from the van was causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

B

Bubblecraft

5ada5c69-749d-cb4e.jpg

It is a 9 BL. May have the wrong model number though but at around £100, I wouldn't call it "budget" My evo is £50 and that's going strong 2 years down the line. Hell, I've seen tilers whacking a paddle in a Aldi special cordless drill...that's what I call budget. You may justify spending hundreds of pounds on a mixer as max, you may have 5 main tools you use all day, everyday. I've about £60k of tools in my van covering all aspects of work. I cant justify buying the best products on the Market for them to be used when needed. Buying a Rubi mixer, I'd expect it to last a bit longer than a paddle in a drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Reply to Rubi 25944 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Rubi 25944
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.