Discuss rubi cutting machine wheels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spacedout

so what happened! mass produced rubbish. was the best, now the leader but not quality. you lucky to get 3 months out of a cutting wheel. old rubi wheels lasted years but not now. so whats happened?(ohh yes tiles were as hard back in the day!) quality today is poor even the boxes fall apart. this is not a dig at the spainish but the whole industry of machine making, can no one make a machine that does the job?

T

Time's Ran Out

I can sense a bit of 'it was better in the good old days' in the body of your thread!:smilewinkgrin:

Through my coloured spectacles I can see the hammer and chisel for cutting the quarries with, the drum of ice cold water to soak the tiles, and the mixing of the sand and cement by shovel.

And your right everything is faster today - even the time it takes to wear out your diamond blade.

But I'd pay the extra on a daily basis if it means doing a better job in a tenth of the time.

Even 20 years ago I'd be lucky to get 3 months out of a blade on Terracotta, but now the same range of blade will last 2 days if I'am cutting the Gulfstone resin tiles!!!!

It may be just done to the materials we are using these lovely sunny days.

G

Gazzer

Tiles have changed and so have cutting discs... I have never thought that Rubi were up there with the best of cutting wheels.

IMO Montolit are the best with the DNA range and the Per-gres wheels.. top top discs..

But second to these is the NEW!! Rubi Porcelain blade.. not sure if it is available bigger than the 110mm grinder size but deffo a good blade..

If that was the one on demo at the recent Mapei day it was nothing special at all.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to rubi cutting machine wheels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
rubi cutting machine wheels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.