Discuss Rubi TC-180 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
[video=youtube;ZOh_bw4l1i4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOh_bw4l1i4&list=UUhgHFOH7WOuJ1jouSNz9VJQ& index=2[/video]

For wet / dry cutting of both ceramic and natural stone tiles. Includes a hose connection for water cooling and vacuum cleaner connection point too. Adjustable thickness upto 55m. 1800W motor.

Anybody getting one?

C

Concrete guy

The Flex CS60 is a similar machine with mitre facility, one of the members here in Germany (rainsco) has one.

I used to use a Flex CSW4161 for cutting up 3200mm x 2400mm x 30mm granite slab, they are powerful accurate machines.

As tiles get bigger, these machines are the way forward, but there are a number available. Google the following:-

Blue Ripper
Flex CS4161
Flex CS60 (same as CSW4161 except it also mitres)
Alpha AWS-125

Mostly all derived from the stone industry to solve problems for tilers now facing tiles the size of marble and granite slabs.

R

RubiUK

guys dave at tradetiler got me one on request for a 1.5 metre pocelain tile
have to say the saw it self worked a treat but the rails and clamps were disapointing
i found clamping a piece of timber as a guide did a better job
ps daves price beat all on the web
regards matt

The clamps and the rails are a personal preference. Either way straight edge or rail guides it's good to know you are pleased with the saw :smilewinkgrin:

R

RubiUK

I had at one at the weekend, looks like a good piece of kit, can't understand why rubi didn't make it like a regular saw that does bevel cuts though. I would have thought that would be a no brainer.

Because of the varying degrees of hardness in materials, you will get different pressure points so it would be difficult to incorporate a bevel cut on this machine and keep it accurate. This is why RUBI decided against it for now, however it may be something we introduce in the future as the product develops.

Reply to Rubi TC-180 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Hi All, I have a large bathroom project coming up and am after a Rubi tile cutter, something...
Replies
Views
Just been browsing Rubi's Facebook page. And I thought tile cutters only got introduced in...
Replies
Views
For Sale - Rubi TS-60 Plus Few years old but very good condition as you can see. Replaced the...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Guy's I'm looking at buying a new Rubi....I like them so sticking with them. I like how the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB