Discuss Rubi TC-180 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

I've had a rubi mixer for about 3 years now. Not had any issues yet.

My 1st one lasted 4 years before kicking the bucket. My 2nd one looked and felt cheaper and broke within 6 months.
It took 5 weeks to get a repair which lasted 2 days before failing again.
I also had a snotty comment from the rep that he wasn't going to re-fit the paddles as they needed a good clean and then I had a lecture on keeping the paddles clean so it didn't break again!
I keep my tools very clean. He failed to spot that a broken mixer is not the best tool to use for cleaning paddles when it broke mid-mix!

It's now been another 4 weeks and I have no mixer.
It's the last Rubi anything I buy :thumbsdown:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
My 1st one lasted 4 years before kicking the bucket. My 2nd one looked and felt cheaper and broke within 6 months.
It took 5 weeks to get a repair which lasted 2 days before failing again.
I also had a snotty comment from the rep that he wasn't going to re-fit the paddles as they needed a good clean and then I had a lecture on keeping the paddles clean so it didn't break again!
I keep my tools very clean. He failed to spot that a broken mixer is not the best tool to use for cleaning paddles when it broke mid-mix!

It's now been another 4 weeks and I have no mixer.
It's the last Rubi anything I buy :thumbsdown:

Well that's pants!
Touch wood mines been ok. Having said that some of my recent Rubi purchases haven't felt the best quality in one way or another.

My TR600 I used to have developed a wobble at about the two year point. Parts to replace seemed quite pricey. So bought the TX700 for a very good price to replace it. 18 months on and it's devloping the same wobble.

O

One Day

Well that's pants!
Touch wood mines been ok. Having said that some of my recent Rubi purchases haven't felt the best quality in one way or another.

My TR600 I used to have developed a wobble at about the two year point. Parts to replace seemed quite pricey. So bought the TX700 for a very good price to replace it. 18 months on and it's devloping the same wobble.

Time to switch to Sigma?!

R

rich83

when i see base/basic line it just seem to say cheap version,doesnt seem that rubi have the best marketting team. some of their base line products get good reviews,but some not.they should rename the line. also i think theyre spreading themselves way to thin,sigma are gonna be my choice,they seem to be converting more and more of the pros on this site,i think ive read loads of posts from dave ,he starts of swearing by rubi,know it seems hes all about sigmas.

R

rich83

ive heard thats a good combo.dont you think all the cheap cutters they do, ie for the diy market.have co incided with the rise of sigma,and the complaints from pros about decreasing quality.im just going by posts read.i just noticed a trend.although rubi probably make a shed load of cash off of the diy products.i cant imagine theres massive money to be made just from the professional market.

D

DHTiling

when i see base/basic line it just seem to say cheap version,doesnt seem that rubi have the best marketting team. some of their base line products get good reviews,but some not.they should rename the line. also i think theyre spreading themselves way to thin,sigma are gonna be my choice,they seem to be converting more and more of the pros on this site,i think ive read loads of posts from dave ,he starts of swearing by rubi,know it seems hes all about sigmas.

Hi rich.

Yes I used Rubi for a lot of years and was maybe blinded by the name that was once quality , but it is very true that sigma is the better brand and you will enjoy using them , trust me on that.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi TC-180 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Hi All, I have a large bathroom project coming up and am after a Rubi tile cutter, something...
Replies
Views
Just been browsing Rubi's Facebook page. And I thought tile cutters only got introduced in...
Replies
Views
For Sale - Rubi TS-60 Plus Few years old but very good condition as you can see. Replaced the...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Guy's I'm looking at buying a new Rubi....I like them so sticking with them. I like how the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB