Discuss Rubi V Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

I know this thread has been mentioned on here a hundred times but i gotta get my side of it in. I got a rubi ts60 which i've had for about 12 months now and im not impressed with it to say the least. I've just tiled a feature wall in a bedroom with unicom starker 614 x 406 porcelain and surprise surprise the rubi won't look at the tiles so i borrowed a sigma (don't know what model but base is 750) and guess what? it cut them with no strain and with a very good cut. not as easy to line up as the rubi (due to the centre rail and the suspended bed moving so it's thumbs up for the sigma for me and my ts60 is for sale if anyones interested. and i'll be nice to my new wife and see if she'll buy me a sigma for xmas :lol:

S

Scott

dont forget, if you own a ts60 and its struggling with porcelain tiles, simply scribe then tap the back off the tile with a hammer and viola! ;0)

the ts plus range are better than the standard ts. you can feel the handle bite at a much higher point than the ts does...i like the tx700 tho although its still way too heavy even tho i have the new version..

ed

Isnt this the conversation we were having last week? :)

D

doug boardley

Got a ts60 as my main cutter when i first started out 4 years ago, and I agree anything other than ceramic it does struggle with (found it leaving tails on porcelain that either needed nipping or grinding off). Got a tx1200 earlier this year and now a tx700 is on my christmas wish list so I can use the ts as a ceramic only cutter
like this then?

66907_1545556311918_1025320376_31555632_2350256_n.jpg

Reply to Rubi V Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am selling my Rubi Speed Magnet 62 for £150. Less than a year old (purchased July '21)...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi V Sigma
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.