Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Rubi Wet cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Rubi ND180 baseline wet saw and the rubi ND180 wetsaw. There is a large price difference but im not sure of the differences. Does any one know??? What rubi cutters of similar size and portability are people using? I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I need quality tools.:mad2:

One is the budget cutter and the other is a top pro cutter...

Somerset
Hello and welcome Clarkiano - whats good and whats not so good about wet cutters:

- A cheapie cutter uses cheap components. That usually means a low powered motor, and a smaller cutting blade. That means you may struggle to cut harder and thicker tiles.
- Because the motors in professional cutters are higher powered, they will cut all day every day without grinding to a juddering halt. Bear in mind, that not many jobs require a lot of use of a wet cutter, but most stone tiles can only be cut with a wet cutter and so it will be used a lot.
- A cheap cutter will not have replaceable parts. Anything that goes wrong with a Rubi can always be repaired with readily available spare parts - but for the price of some Rubi parts, you could buy another plastic Plasplugs wet cutter!
- Rubi makes BL (basic line) cutters to target the DIY and casual tiler. The components are often plastic rather than metal, the motors are lower powered, and Rubi BL products are made in 3rd world countries whereas Rubi professional gear is made in Spain. Gauge how much use you want from your cutter before deciding what to buy.
- There are some very good cutters available at around £100 that are well built, and last well. The Vitrex Pro 750 is a good cutter, and the Briccolina is another good one.
- Whatever wet cutter you choose, budget to buy a decent quality diamond tile cutting wheel - expect to pay between £40 and £70 for a good quality cutting wheel.

The best adviceIcan give is to buy a cheap cutter (no more than £120) and buy a reasonable quality diamond cutting wheel for it (total cost now £170ish). When you find the cutter has had its day, then aim to upgrade to at least a Rubi ND200, or a DeWalt D24000. But most tilers still keep a small cheap wet cutter for smaller jobs.

B

Bolter

Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw from Trade Tiler.

I had this, stuck a marcist blade on it, and it was working great, although you get alot wetter than using a plasplugs. But, had a job recently where I was using porcelain. The blade was eating the porcelain, but the last cut I tried to do, the blade stopped. I pulled the tile off and the blade was at an angle. The motor had got so hot it melted the plastic casing around it, and the blade had dropped and cut a large groove in the bed of the cutter. Blade was actually still fine :D

For ceramic tiling, this thing is great. You'll have no probs, although you will be slightly more moist :)

Im currently using my old battered plasplugs, which is still going, even though it should be in a skip. And currently saving for a Rubi ND200. Used one and it was a pleasure to use. Can see it saving me time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karlm98

the ND180 can be a bit short on power when tackling bigger tougher tiles (porcs, granite, marble) the budget one is not really budget when you stack it next to all the other cheapo cutters the other nd180 is a proper machine but i would go with the ND200 and put a marcrist wheel on it also buy a couple of the trays to sit it in and it will stop a lot of water going all over the show!
i have a vitrex right now as i sold my nd200 when i emigrated to the states now i am back and the new price for the rubi stuff is getting a bit silly so i will wait and buy a dewalt!

Reply to Rubi Wet cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi Wet cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%