Discuss Rubiman in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

What has happenend to Rubi quality ? I had a DW250N but from day one it was all downhill. Paint flaked off , the rubber matting peeled away and cuts were inconsistant. You could hold the handle over the motor and by twisting your wrist, you would see the blade move from side to side. The switch was in the most awkward place imagineable.
How does Rubi feel about Dewalts DW24000 stealing a good share of the market ?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi rubi man,i have rubi cutters wet and dry also tools

in general i have found the stuff to be okay,had a number of issues with the wet cutters however and service to get them fixed was nothing short of a disgrace

i still buy trowels nippers etc but i have changed wet cutters and will prob change my dry cutters in time as well

i think rubi seems to have a great name with a lot of tilers this is why i bought nearly all my gear from rubi but am not convinced on the quality

R

rubi

Hi everyone and thankyou for your comments and i would have to agree with lots of comments about Rubi wet products. Letts first understand i work for Rubi because i do rate there dry rail cutters very high and tilers that use other makes simply prefer them but Rubi dry rail cutters are very good and using the right one for the right job will always work for you. Wet cutters Hmmm yes theres better cutters out there for less money (there ive said it) and because i know what you guys want i am working closely with spain to work on issue that NEED to be addressed before reputations are shattered. Also price is an issue for me and that is another W I P. Rubi have lived on a reputation because they are good but times change and Rubi need to reconise that and get with the programme so for me its a work in progress and watch this space.

A

Aston

hi rubiman

i really believe that if you stream line your range and improve on what you have always done well, then you can keep your existing market..

thats why i mentioned ditching the tis and ti-t range...both are not as good as montolit or sigma because rubi didnt implement a depth gauge??

i would also ditch the standard ts range because the ts plus have more breaking power.
the ts plus range could be improved further by simply redesigning a new wider breaker.

the new tx range are better quality but consdering they are have new alloy beds, they are only 2lb lighter than the old model..the weight of these cutters in too much in comparision to a sigma 3c or a montolit 75p

i am a rubi user and i use them because i prefer the view given when scribing...i am only giving constructive feedback as a customer because thats what you need most....looking for the positives in a company doesnt give rubi anything, revealing the negatives will make you a stronger company, we'd all agree on that...

rubi haven't lost the number one spot but as you can read on here, the last 2 years has seen sigma and montolit gain more recognition and more users..

hope they listen to you in spain because living on past reputations means nothing in 2011...i'm a liverpool fan, i should know ;0)

all the best
ed

Last edited by a moderator:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
hi rubiman

i really believe that if you stream line your range and improve on what you have always done well, then you can keep your existing market..

thats why i mentioned ditching the tis and ti-t range...both are not as good as montolit or sigma because rubi didnt implement a depth gauge??

i would also ditch the standard ts range because the ts plus have more breaking power.
the ts plus range could be improved further by simply redesigning a new wider breaker.

the new tx range are better quality but consdering they are have new alloy beds, they are only 2lb lighter than the old model..the weight of these cutters in too much in comparision to a sigma 3c or a montolit 75p

i am a rubi user and i use them because i prefer the view given when scribing...i am only giving constructive feedback as a customer because thats what you need most....looking for the positives in a company doesnt give rubi anything, revealing the negatives will make you a stronger company, we'd all agree on that...

rubi haven't lost the number one spot but as you can read on here, the last 2 years has seen sigma and montolit gain more recognition and more users..

hope they listen to you in spain because living on past reputations means nothing in 2011...i'm a liverpool fan, i should know ;0)

all the best
ed

im a liverpoll fan i should no (brilliant) so why not change to sigma and manu

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Welcome Rubiman,
My only experience of rubi was I , based on a good reputation, bought a pair of nippers.
The jaws chipped on the first day, and the plastic handle covers fell of within a week.
I would have taken them back, but the shop I passed was an hours drive away.I did complain to rubi, but I never even got a reply.
Unfortunately this experience put me off buying anything rubi again.

Reply to Rubiman in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Rubiman
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.