UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubumix-10 2a in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello all,
my mixing drill packed in today unfortunately so with the amount of work i have on i needed a new one asap.I rang around till i got hold of one which was the
RUBIMIX-10 2A,i lifted it this evening and stuck it on my account in the tile shop so i could decide if it was ok or not !! £272 vat included was the charge,does that sound ok? my last one was £170 but this one seems better,
any comments greatly appreciated and any Rubi men could say if i got a good deal or not?
Joe
Hillhead Tiling
:thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

G

grumpygrouter

Silverline Hi-Spec Heavy Duty Plaster Mixer

£67.99

1300W Heavy Duty plaster mixer, two speed gearbox 150-450RPM/250-700RPM. Variable speed with lock on switch and soft start. Mixer is supplied complete with 140mm mixing paddle M14 x 2 fitting. Mixing volume 120 litres.
Thats the very chap I was talking about in the link CJ. Come down in price now by the looks of it.

S

sWe

There is a alot of cross licensing in the tools industry, for parts and designs. ALOT of manual cutters use almost the exact same bases for example. The base on the new Rubi T and that of the Montolit Masterpiuma, are really similar, but they're entirely different machines.

Another example is the Tomecanic Supercut and the Nuovo Super Pro. The main part of the moving breaker on both of them, are almost identical. The Tomecanic crew has added some gadgets though.

Yet another example, is my mixing drill. It's got a design which is almost identical to that of the Rubi mixer you bought, but mine was alot cheaper. It's essentially a cheaped down version of one of the simpler Collomix hand mixers. The differance is just that. It's cheaped down. The wattage on it is much higher than on the Collomix equivialent (1600, compared to 1000), to compensate for lower torque.

You've probably not been ripped off. If you want to be ripped off, you could buy a Berg mixer. Those are pure crap, at an even higher price. I know this from experience. Mine broke, from tipping over. Enter-the-plastic type of experience that.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Thanks a lot guys,you've all been really helpfull here tonight.
tomorrow evening on my way home from work i'm calling into that shop and leaving the mixer back,i would have taken it but...........
tonight i rang a mate(another tiler),told him the situation and he told me his has been working for 5 years now and the amount of use is unreal,this guy can tile 40-50 m a day no prob, his mixer is a Alfra i think,german.
Anyway his nephew had bought one 5 months ago and his business didn't take off so he is willing to sell me his mixer which is the same model as my mates,yipee.
so tonight i will give him £100 for a mixer which should last for years and which has only done about a 100m of work !!
I'm smiling now,just waiting on phone call to go collect it.
Joe.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubumix-10 2a in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
B
Thought I'd kick this one off. What does you guys like to do in your spare time? Keep it clean...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.