Discuss S1C2 adhesive for their floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Gateshead NE8, UK
Evening, new to tiling. Doing a job for a friend using wood effect porcelain tiles onto a solid cement base. He's ordered the tiles and been told he needs an S1C2 adhesive!? I will be using a rapid set Flexi adhesive with a latex addative, is this the same thing?

Cheers,

Justin.
You don't add an additive to a flexi adhesive

L

LM

ACA828F8-D3F7-4D7D-8B81-C54F70AD1441.jpeg

H

hmtiling

Evening, new to tiling. Doing a job for a friend using wood effect porcelain tiles onto a solid cement base. He's ordered the tiles and been told he needs an S1C2 adhesive!? I will be using a rapid set Flexi adhesive with a latex addative, is this the same thing?

Cheers,

Justin.
A single part c2s1 is more than adequate. A C2 would also be adequate in this situation. Don't bother with a 2 part or rapid set as above

I

Italy

I need clarification, because I was left with mapei
who told me: use kerabond C1 with only latex and get S2.
now, I can not understand, an S1 with latex becomes S2.
However, I can not understand, only latex, or water and latex?
because maybe misunderstanding is just a matter of latex dosage.
I had found on the internet long ago, an Adhesive S1 becomes S2 with
1 part of water and 1 part of latex. but I could be wrong.
who wants to enlighten me?
(at least the apprentice learns something) :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to S1C2 adhesive for their floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB