Discuss Say NO!! to Dot & dabbing tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

If you see your tiler dabbing your tiles then say NO!! .. stop the cowboys.. :thumbsup:

don'tdotanddab.jpg

B

bugs183

I have just been to a job in Putney where the 'tiler' dot and dabbed ungraded slate straight onto chip board, this of course was flexing as it had been nailed now and again.
Weirdly enough the tiles moved, the cleaner mopped the floor, the water got into the chipboard and it moved some...repeat until total failure, and the whole floor has to be replaced now from the joists up!!!
You'll never stop it, everyone thinks porcelain tiles are rock hard and spotting them is fine.

K

Kyle87

There are loads of practices that need stopping ,but there is no laws against these practices so they will just carrie on until there are laws in the future ,

It's the same in the plumbing world. People laying several meters of unclipped plastic pipe and then they wonder why a fitting blows off.

Or people draining down heating systems and not putting inhibitor back in. Eventually rotting the system inside out!!

G

GoEasy

I recently told my Bathroom fitter to go away after I caught him Dot and Dabbing Tiles.

I am grateful for forums such as this for creating this awareness.

Attached pics of my bathroom, stopped and got rid on the spot!

Check out the Butting of Tiles.... what a joke. It's the old school mentality, they set in their ways and simply refuse to change.

Attachments

• 20130330_105605.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20130330_105007.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20130330_105040.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Too much of this old school ways and idiots who have always done it!
If someone has fixed tiles for 30 years + and they are still trading then they are not doing everything wrong! How many of you guys will still be here in 3 years let alone 30!
The only issue I have with time served tilers is the desire. Do they still have the interest and passion to produce a top job or have the years of site work, budget tiles and crap substrates taken there toll.

Tiles should be fixed with 100% coverage so it's what you do not what others do that matters.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Say NO!! to Dot & dabbing tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all what adhesive would you recommend for dot and dabbing foam cored backer board onto...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB