Discuss Saying Hi and a question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tiler_ali

Hi Doug, I got "slate protector" by FILA. It's a water based one that penetrates the surface. I hope that's ok. Just wondering - I have only 4 small tiles I want to cut (straight cut). I don't think it's worth me hiring a wet saw ... do you think a tile shop maybe interested if I offered money? Else I may have a friend who may have a circular saw and masonary blade. Any thoughts?
This forum is really useful and friendly. Great, thanks Ali :)

D

diamondtiling

Hi Ali, welcome to the forum.
Your sealer is fine as it penetrates the stone, are you applying two coats?

You can use a small hand held grinder to cut your slate or as you say try a tile shop that has a wet cutter.

I have a vision of your friend trying to cut them on a dewalt flip over compound saw, tell me I am wrong..........:yikes:

:lol: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tiler_ali

haha ... thanks for the advice, got angle grinder ready for the job now :) Yep, will also do 2 coats (think both these maybe easier before goes on wall?).
I was just going to get a ready mixed combined adhesive and grout as there is <25 tiles to do .. but looking on this website am I right in thinking powdered is better? It'l have to be strong to hold the slate (15x30 cm) onto the wall won't it - does that require a different type of adhesive? Also - is there a tool for putting the grout between the tiles (I'm presuming you wouldn't want it over the tiles)?
Gosh ... so many questions! Thank you for all your help. :))

Reply to Saying Hi and a question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Saying Hi and a question
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.