Discuss Schluter and anhydrate screeds . in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Does anybody know the answer to this.
Schluter claim with ditra matting you can tile an anhydrate screed up to 2% moisture by volume . Question is does anybody know what that is as an rh figure .
Thanks in advance for any help and wee wee taking

1.5% moisture by weight is 92% rh. The only system I know of guaranteed to work at higher than this is Norcross progyp base which is ok at 95%. GYPSOL screeds will achieve this after about 7days.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Gypsum based screeds
According to the applicable standards, the residual moisture of gypsum based screeds should not exceed 0.5% (percentage by volume) prior to the installation of tiles. With the application of Schlüter®-DITRA 25, tile coverings can be installed as soon as the residual moisture is below 2.0% (percentage by volume).
This copy and paste from schluter

But what is their recommendation of what to stick it down with at 2%?... I suspect they have not got one as they seem to have a relationship with Bal and Ardex who have nothing that I am aware of to stick to anhydrite at such high levels of moisture.

I am really only interested in what happens to the screed. We have tested it up to 1.5% moisture or 92% RH with moisture control systems and Norcross have tested up to 95% RH on their system.
Ooow oooow is that a secret formula Alan? :)

If I told you the formula I would have to shoot you... lol... no its simply based on testing in controlled conditions using different methods of measurement back to back....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Schluter and anhydrate screeds . in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB