Discuss Schluter Ditra used only for part of the job? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

1justin

I'm considering buying some Ditra to bridge areas where old conc floor meets new extension. There is no UFH. I was considering a strip perhaps half metre (or maybe full roll width) wide over the areas (mostly doorways), along with expansion joint.
Is this a common way to do it, - being economical with the material?

The new extension part of the screed has some cracks where it shrank a little. It's now fully cured (6 months) and appears stable. Would I be advised to use Ditra in these crack areas of the screed also? The reinforced slab underneath the screed is very solid. I'd sooner not cover the whole area since I have 50M^2.

Tiles will be are 600x400 travertine on a thick bed.

R

Rich

Thanks Rich, I'll look hard at that as an option. I've been reading up on the Durabase Ci as an alternative. Learnt a lot in the last 24 hours..
Rgds

Thats the beauty of this forum, not only is there some of the best tilers in the world willing to give their advice for free but there is a whole world of info already on here. Have a good read through the threads you find and any more questions, just ask :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Schluter Ditra used only for part of the job? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm tiling our bathroom, some basics - floor: 3/4" OSB T&G, 12" I-joists, 16" on center, new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post on here although in attempting to Google answers to my questions I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am building a new bathroom in my own house. The room is on the first floor in a newly...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before, but couldn't find an example for this...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Schluter Ditra used only for part of the job?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.