Discuss scilicolne or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

scilicolne... what's that.. a German sausage ?
personally, the more trades you offer ( whithin reason ) the better service you offer to a potential client, which means on quote stage, you may be dearer, but they are using one tradesman..and you increase your chances of getting a new client, you are selling yourself better to offer the add ons,
in years gone past.. yes it was the tilers job.
you can get silicone kits with the fluid and the shaper tool, with these items, its easy.. practice make perfect... I used to use my index finger as standard........... but there's better things to do with that, so I bought a schlomberg kit for £30.00, think about it ;-) if you want long term business... think long term

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I like to do all the siliconing myself, then I'm 100% with the finished look. Nothing worse than a cracking tiling job and some numpty finishes all the joints, reveals bath shower tray and it looks awful.

I've seen people finish off dark grey tiles with white silicon joints in corners and where wall and floor meet. :mad2:

Silicon.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
scilicolne... what's that.. a German sausage ?
personally, the more trades you offer ( whithin reason ) the better service you offer to a potential client, which means on quote stage, you may be dearer, but they are using one tradesman..and you increase your chances of getting a new client, you are selling yourself better to offer the add ons,
in years gone past.. yes it was the tilers job.
you can get silicone kits with the fluid and the shaper tool, with these items, its easy.. practice make perfect... I used to use my index finger as standard........... but there's better things to do with that, so I bought a schlomberg kit for £30.00, think about it ;-) if you want long term business... think long term

What's a schlomberg kit? Can't find it on google ? ... I use the Otto siliconing tools

Evening chaps quick querie just wondered what people think about mastic joints and more to the point who should do them , is it the responibility of the tiler or the plumber to seal joint between tiles and shower tray / bath just wondered what most people do ????

As a bathroom installer I silicone myself.
If i was just tiling then it would depend on the job.
eg. tiling a shower cubicle I would silicone the tray & wall, but wouldn't expect to be called back after the plumber had installed the screen.
That should be down to them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to scilicolne or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey. I doing my first walk-in tiled shower. The shower is 4’x8’. Most of the floor is covered...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB