Discuss Scratched Bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

You know what Gary they were the first people I called.

So before I left for the job this morning I called a few people....

1st Was Magic Man who are based just outside Brighton (i've seen his van about plenty of times) - Outcome £125+Vat for a polish out (Not likely as if it's only that deep i'll do it) or same price of £125+Vat for a fill and spray (48hr cure time) Ok fair enough.

2nd Was my bathroom supplier, explain what's happened and they agree to the bath at almost cost £445

3rd was another supplier for a repair kit, £18 plus my time of course.

So I turn up and the customer keeps telling me it's gone down to the blue undercoat. I see the scratch and I figure out that the blue can't be an undercoat as this is a quality bath with around 10mm of white acyrlic and this scratch isn't deep enough. I run my nail over it and sure enough it feels bad but the blue colour is troubling me... I'm starting to wonder if this is surface mounted so I ask if he has an rubber eraser... 2 minutes later and it's gone! I have no idea what it was but it wasn't a scratch but something ground on to the surface.

End result is one very happy customer and a 12 year old boy that will live to see another day

Brilliant. Love it :) Well done :thumbsup:

Reply to Scratched Bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have had a nightmare job I probably shouldn’t have took on. Called to a customers...
Replies
Views
I priced for a bathroom install in a timber house (timber cladded, timber frame...
Replies
Views
L
T
Hi all! Late last year I decided I wanted a new bathroom installed. I spent a few weeks...
Replies
Views
trayjord
T
X
Hello all, i have just had a new bathroom installed. The tiler has tiled the side and the foot...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Scratched Bath
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.