Discuss screed accelerators and drying times in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I am doing more and more jobs where main contractor using accelerators in screeds so that they can be worked on earlier than normal.
probably a good question for Ajax or any other technical mind ed person
what is your take on these.
the latest one is 8 day overlay by ronascreed.
does this in effect mean that screed should be dry enough to tile on top of after only 8 days rather than wait the 9-10 weeks norm.
on my particlar job I will use ditra mat probably so this will not affect me .
but if i was to use isomat (similar to pecilastic)would this be different.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
There are loads of these fast drying screeds which definitely have a place in the market but in reality there are relatively very few projects where a screed will be tiled in less than several weeks. The drying time is far from being the only consideration though and builders, contractors and clients rarely select the screed type just based on it's drying time.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to screed accelerators and drying times in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
M
hi all I’m hoping for some technical advice on screeds and commissioning wet underfloor...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
S
Hi again Last week several of you helped me out with advice for a wetroom floor. There were a...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB