UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Screeding a floor!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

hi jeff use sharp sand and cement..mix with about 30% water so its quiet dry in consistency but with enough moisture to set...use a straight edge to screed with....
An easy way is to use copper tube in long lengths and set at the desired screed height..just set them in screed...then put screed down spread about taking care not to knock the poles..then screed back with straight edge on top of the poles. this will give you a nice flat floor..once set remove poles and infill the channels with screed using your float....for fast track tiling use a green screed adhesive........hope this is clear enough for you to understand....its a similar method to what block pavers use when screeding there sand beds for blocking..............dave..

T

tiler burden

hi woody

self levelling liquids are ok upto a certain depth. a sand and cement floor screed starts fro a min of 50mm (well its supposed to) so theres obviously a depth issue. i know there are self levellers that go upto 55mm and above but the cost would be suicidal compared to sand and cement, especially since the materials are there on the job already.

jeff in oz, dont forget to dampen the floor 1st with water and to use a slurry mix of water, pva and cement..brush this over the surface of the floor before you start.
also another tip, for the amount you are doing, mix by hand, it sticks to the inside of the mixer otherwise and spread 25mm down evenly across the whole floor before you start. this will enable you to compact the first 25mm and you wont get the slurry all over your feet as you work..set your screeds down either side as dave says and fill in, compact and rub up as you go along...

regards
ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Screeding a floor!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.