Discuss Screws needed to screw 25mm wbp plywood into joists in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

you need 60mm screws on 25mm ply. they need to have some decent bite into the joists.
the screws should be corrosion resistant too..

galvanised screws are not seen as a good option anymore due to the fact that the zinc can break down..the whole building industry changed its format on galvanised materials from about 1990.. angle beads, strap hangers, fixing, screws, cavity wall ties all were recomended to be stainless steel or corrosion resistant in exterior or moisture sensitive areas.

Reply to Screws needed to screw 25mm wbp plywood into joists in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm off level 1/8'' over 2' and 1/4'' over 4', from left to right in picture. Building recessed...
Replies
Views
Hi all Bathroom have floorbords ontop of joists decided going to strip them all and just...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Screws needed to screw 25mm wbp plywood into joists
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.