Discuss Sealant around bath against travertine in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
OK, thread resurrection time!

Otto seal, looking at either S130 or S70. After reading the data sheets it would appear that both need primers for sealing against uPVC and/or acrylics. I have both, (window and bath), along with counter tops and bath panel which are vinyl wrap. Walls and floor are trav.

So the question is to those of you using Otto is do you use any primers? If not have you had any known issues?

Ta!

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
Sorry to raise this again.

I've been in contact by phone to the UK distributor of Otto. Very confused now!

First person I spoke to recommended S100, very nearly placed an order and then realised that this product is NOT suitable for stone! I rang back and was told that I need S70 but I don't really need to use primers. I then re-read the data sheets.

Now I have four different materials to seal to; travertine, an acrylic bath, a vinyl wrapped bath panel and a uPVC window. having read the data sheets it is recommended to use a primer for PVC unplasticized. Primer 1217/1227. The distributor only has 1217 and it's nearly £18 for 250ml. They also didn't tell me I should use it.

Has anyone that has actuay used this stuff used the primer? Are there any aternatives to Otto for the purposes I need to use it?

Link to data sheet here - OTTOSEAL® S 70 The premium natural stone silicone

Any help and/or advise appreciated!

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
He has indeed called back. It would appear that two primers are required and due to the cost it isn't worth me buying into the system.

Have been recommended Bal silicone by a manager of a local shop. Bal don't make a neutral cure silicone. it would also appear that Norcross don't either so that is also duff info!

Ardex is the way forward, at least local to me at any rate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealant around bath against travertine in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB