Discuss Sealant gone wrong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

We've managed to lay a natural slate floor in the kitchen ourselves. We grouted and cleaned them, and all was well. Then last night we applied 2 coats of sealant (Lithofin Multiseal) allowing to dry between coats. The first coat looked OK when dry, but when we got up this morning we've notice there are blotches on the tiles as if the second coat hasn't soaked in. The tiles are only slightly riven so it's very noticable.

We applied the sealant with a sponge roller. The sealant went foamy using the roller - was this the problem?

Please could someone help explain what we did wrong as we still have the dining area to seal, and what can we do to fix the kitchen tiles, they don't look good.

Many thanks
Deb

Reply to Sealant gone wrong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sealant gone wrong
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.