UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sealant on tiled floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I've got sealant on my bathroom floor thanks to a plumber putting my bath panel on upside down & as it wouldn't lie straight he decided to seal it to the floor! I've removed most of the sealant but I still have a glue like residue on the flooring! What can I use to get rid of it please?
Oh & I won't have him back as I don't trust him now!

Some customers want the panel sealed to the floor to stop water/dirt getting trapped.
Best to keep his number handy and remain in a business relationship as you may need his services if there is a leak.
Everyone can make a mistake!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I picked up a can of "crack it" from my local plumbers merchants the other week. It's just like WD40 only better. But that cleaned all the silicone off the exsisting bath a treat. But to be honest any silca based spray i've found will and should remove silcone residue.

There are solutions made specifically for silicone removal though as some have suggested. Worth a try, can't give you a recommedation though as i've always used WD40.

K

Kittykatt

Thanks to everyone and I have bought the sticky stuff remover so fingers crossed. For the great folks who have emailed me letting me know it's an easy mistake to make, I do understand that mistakes do happen but I should have explained more about the panels. The panels wouldn't fit on as they curve inwards so when the large panel was fitted upside down, the 2 side panels wouldn't meet the corners,.....so looking at it I think it's quite self explanatory to turn the main panel the other way around. Hence why this muppet will never be allowed near my home ever again! Thanks again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealant on tiled floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.