Discuss sealant questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

choffer74

hi,

i've got a couple of sealant questions. I've got about 15m internal edges that will need silicone sealant - how many tubes will i need? i was planning on getting some cornertape to make it look neat.

We've got gloss white cupbaords, grey stone effect tiles and planning on using black grout. (And yes i've read on here about the nightmare black grout can be)! I take it i should be using black sealant? or should i use white sealant when its against the white cupboards and black grouting when its against the work surface?
any recommendataions for the make? i was thinking of dow corning.
thanks
graham

C

choffer74

One tube will probably do it (but safer to get 2).....as for colour, its totally a personal choice. Black grout with black silicone IMO is too overpowering. I would go either white or grey to match the tiles.

Mapei or Dow Corning is the best......again, my opinion only but one which is shared by many Pros on here

thats why i came onto this forum - to get some advice from people that know!
thanks

C

choffer74

change of plans - started doing the black grouting and decided it doesnt go! It stands out too much and takes away from the tiles themselves. Luckily i've only done less than 2m2 but i think its going to take a while raking out what i've done so far.

I think i'm going to go for mapei kk medium grey. I take it that i should use the same colour sealant?

Also it means i've got some Mapei ultracolor plus black grout going spare - anyone close to Mile End, London let me know.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sealant questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
sealant questions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.