Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing back and sides of plywood - An alternative to SBR ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

STEVEROG

I thought it might be worth sharing a bit of information I stumbled on which could save me at least £15.

I need something to seal the bottom and edges of my plywood floor before fixing it down and tiling onto it. I was going to buy an SBR solution such as BAL (silly money), Everbuild (£16 delivered), or something similar.

I then stumbled on the following information in the product information leaflet for ARDEX-FLEX 7001 and 7001W Rapid Drying General Purpose
Floor Tile Adhesive, Ideal for Wood Floors.

To quote the above document "Plywood and flooring grade chipboard should have the backs and edges sealed e.g. with polyurethane varnish"

Hey, I have a couple of tins of that in my shed! Its also really cheap and available all over the place. For small jobs like my en-suite with a tiny amount of flooring to treat I think this is a good option.

What do you gents think?

Reply to Sealing back and sides of plywood - An alternative to SBR ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.