Discuss Sealing Textured Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stoney

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and just wondered if anyone can give us some helpful advice.
We bought Q-Rock textured porcelain tiles from Topps Tiles along with all the products they recommended to get the shiny black tile finish which is displayed in their store. We followed all the instructions and they initially looked great on our kitchen floor. Left o/night to dry, next morning noticed any water getting on them dried white! Splashes from the sink, footprints. Wiped over an area to try with very damp sponge-this dried white/patchy! Topps gave us a tile cleaner which we used and now the whole floor is a dull patchy grey and the black grout is now white.
Apparently Fila have admitted a problem with the formula of their sealer which we used and its been taken off of the shelves, but still no-one at Topps can give us a solution to how to put the tiles right. They're sending a tiler round to remove and re-grout but we still have dull patchy tiles, nothing like what we wanted.
Does anybody know of a solution to this and why this may have happened? Is it the sealer? or do these tiles have somekind of 'wax' seal on them that the manufacturers put on to protect in transit? No-one in Topps told us about this.
What can we do next ? :mad2:

S

Stoney

These are textured porcelain not polished I don't think. On the box its got Q-Rock Riven Black. They were dullish when originally got out of box which is why we want to use sealer to get the shiny black finish. But after having problems with Fila textured porcelain protector and using the tile cleaner to remove that we are now unsure at what to use to seal them again.

Do you know if these particular tiles come with a wax sealer for transit-Topps store manager said NO but Topps area manager said YES!
Can't seem to get any answers.

T

Terry Cottar

OK you need to do a test area by cleaning one tile with Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover. Let it sit (Dwell) for 15 minutes then wipe it off and rinse with warm water. If this doesn't remove it repeat only this time back the sealing and Coating remover up with Aqua Mix Nanoscrub and agitate it with a white emulsifying pad. Then wipe off and rinse again with warm water. All these products are available from Dave at tradetiler or failing that online at EBay.

tel

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealing Textured Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Sealing Textured Porcelain Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.