Discuss Self builder enjoying tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Lets restore the balance with some more southerner's:welcome: From Brighton

I think Diamond Training are based inbetween Arundel:thumbsup:

and remember, although I'm not sure I agree with some of it:ban:...

Tips for Southerners going North
1. Save all your beef fat. You will be instructed later how to use it.
2. If you forget a Northerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Love"
3. Just because you can't drive on snow and ice does not mean we always have to give you lifts everywhere.
4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in > the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of Carly Special and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.
5. Don't be surprised to find video rentals and bait in the same store.
6. Do not try to buy fresh pasta. Thump in gob tends to offend..
7. If it can't be fried in lard, it ain't worth cooking.
8. Remember: "Us" is singular. "Thaa" is plural. "Thaas" is plural possessive.
9. There is nothing sillier than a Southerner imitating a northern accent, unless it is a northerner imitating a Brummie accent.
10. Get used to hearing, "Tha not from around here, are tha?"
11. People walk slower.
12. Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.
13. The first Northern expression to creep into a transplanted Southerner's vocabulary "me ducks", Eighty-five percent end their new northern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.
14. The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.
15. Be advised: The "He were a southern bugger" ia a legal defence up here.
16. If attending a funeral in the north take your baseball hat off when everyone else does.
17. If you hear a Northern kid exclaim, "Ayup, come and look at this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will say before the explosion.
18. Most Northerners do not use turn signals, and they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a northern licence plate, you may rest assured that it was on when the car was purchased.
19. Southerners can be identified by the spit on the inside of their car's windscreen that comes from yelling at other drivers.
20. The summer wardrobe you always brought out in April can wait til June.
21. If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the most minuscule accumulation of sun, your presence is required at the local chemist. It does not matter if you need anything from there, it is just something you're supposed to do.
22. Satellite dishes are very popular in the North. When you purchase one, it is to be positioned directly in front of your caravan. This is logical, bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the caravan and should, therefore, be displayed.
23. Blizzards and Northerners going through a divorce have a lot in common. In either case, you know someone is going to lose a caravan.
24. Leeds does NOT have a castle, no matter how often you ask us.
25. In Northern churches you will hear the hymn, "Come All Ye Faithful". You will also hear expressions such as, "Bugger me, Lord", "God knows", "Jesus wept!" and "God help the poor cow ".
26. As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone, directly in the middle of the road, remember, many folks learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as a Reliant Robin, and this is the proper speed and lane position for the vehicle.
27. You can ask a Northerner for directions, but unless you already know the positions of key piles of rubble, canals, coal mines, railway crossings, and where factories used to stand, you're better off trying to find it yourself.

D

diamondtiling

Having a bad morning Rob?

You should have added that all Northen men and women are much tougher than their southern softie cousins.
We call people "love" and "duck" and "sweet" and "darling" because we are very friendly, its much better than "awite geezer"
We speak properly up in the north, we say the words as they are spelled, as in, bath laugh bus etc etc, you lot say barth, larff and bas, its not your fault though its the in breeding.
We look after our families by working extremely hard in situations that would make a southern softie run a mile.
Fresh pasta is readily available in many places, if not we make it ourselves.
We play proper games like rugby and we dont prance about when someone taps us in a tackle.
We have more money up here than in the South, Wilmslow (just up from me) is the nations most expensive area with more millionaires than the south.
We wave at drivers who give way to us because we are polite.
Northern industry keeps the south alive.
We dont have trouble with the cold because we are so tough.
We are all superior tilers, actually we are superior in all building trades. In the words of the great Jim Royal, "why would I want to go to London to watch some daft c o c kney knocking nails into plywood" We use screws.
We have miles and miles of open countryside that we enjoy, we dont look at a sheep or a cow and think "wat dat?"
"God help the poor cow" is properly spoken, much better than "gawd elp the poor caar"
Our football teams are much better than yours.
Our ladies are much better looking, they dont all wear white shoes, black skirt, white blouse with dyed hair and a clutch bag, (in white/black)
Our women are tougher than their southern cousins.
You can hear different dialects up in the north, everything blends into one south of watford.
We have the best accents for tele sales, customer service etc, North East and Scotland were voted the top two.
Cowboy builders always seem to show people from the south, we are honest up here.
We serve peas and gravy in our chippies, southern chippies have "nowt moist"
Our beer is brewed stronger because we can take it.
You wont find Pimms drinkers up here me duck.
So all in all the North is a better place, southerners come up here on holiday to enjoy the lakes or the many other great places, we dont go south to walthamstow or dagenham.

Nuff said Duck, Love, Darling???

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

Having a bad morning Rob?

You should have added that all Northen men and women are much tougher than their southern softie cousins.
We call people "love" and "duck" and "sweet" and "darling" because we are very friendly, its much better than "awite geezer"
We speak properly up in the north, we say the words as they are spelled, as in, bath laugh bus etc etc, you lot say barth, larff and bas, its not your fault though its the in breeding.
We look after our families by working extremely hard in situations that would make a southern softie run a mile.
Fresh pasta is readily available in many places, if not we make it ourselves.
We play proper games like rugby and we dont prance about when someone taps us in a tackle.
We have more money up here than in the South, Wilmslow (just up from me) is the nations most expensive area with more millionaires than the south.
We wave at drivers who give way to us because we are polite.
Northern industry keeps the south alive.
We dont have trouble with the cold because we are so tough.
We are all superior tilers, actually we are superior in all building trades. In the words of the great Jim Royal, "why would I want to go to London to watch some daft c o c kney knocking nails into plywood" We use screws.
We have miles and miles of open countryside that we enjoy, we dont look at a sheep or a cow and think "wat dat?"
"God help the poor cow" is properly spoken, much better than "gawd elp the poor caar"
Our football teams are much better than yours.
Our ladies are much better looking, they dont all wear white shoes, black skirt, white blouse with dyed hair and a clutch bag, (in white/black)
Our women are tougher than their southern cousins.
You can hear different dialects up in the north, everything blends into one south of watford.
We have the best accents for tele sales, customer service etc, North East and Scotland were voted the top two.
Cowboy builders always seem to show people from the south, we are honest up here.
We serve peas and gravy in our chippies, southern chippies have "nowt moist"
Our beer is brewed stronger because we can take it.
You wont find Pimms drinkers up here me duck.
So all in all the North is a better place, southerners come up here on holiday to enjoy the lakes or the many other great places, we dont go south to walthamstow or dagenham.

Nuff said Duck, Love, Darling???

:lol:

cor blimey me old chinas

listen to all that bunny from Dom, es a diamond geezer and no mistake

Reply to Self builder enjoying tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Self builder enjoying tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.