Discuss Self Levelling A Concrete Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cr0ft

Hi all. I know there are a few bits of advice on the forums but my question is fairly specific. We are self levelling a 23sq m. concrete floor across 3 rooms in a domestic property. I reckon we will need an average fill of 6mm across the floor or there abouts. To my mind that is 1.38m3 of compound.

Quick question, is it ok to mix up, say, 10 buckets of the stuff, leave them to stand until they are all mixed and then pour them all at once? My only other experience with pouring SLC by the bucket (with one mixing and one pouring) was that each bucket was starting to cure on the floor before the next one was laid. Not ideal!

I presume the stuff is like tile adhesive in that it doesn't really set that quickly until it's spread out over a large area?

C

cr0ft

Cheers folks. Just to make it clear, I'm doing all 3 rooms at once, not one at a time :)

From reading up it seems that there is a huge difference in quality between the different SLCs. Last time we used the one Topps Tiles sold and I wasn't hugely impressed. Mixed as per the instructions it was going off within 5 minutes of being poured.

Very keen to use a good product that gives me enough time to get it all spread out properly and will happily take recommendations!

C

cr0ft

Last time I did a 16m2 floor I used the Topps Tiles stuff. I am presuming that stuff is just rubbish SLC then? Ultra Level It 1 it is called. It was going off within about 5 minutes or so of the bucket being poured which made it nearly impossible to get the stuff down quickly enough to produce a smooth, level floor.

How long does the Tilemaster take to go off once you pour it? I.E before trying to roller in the different bucket pours doesn't work any more??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Self Levelling A Concrete Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Will this work? (top to bottom) tiling (one room), 12mm laminate (other room) 19mm T&G chipboard...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB