Discuss self levelling- the easiest way? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

advancetiling

HI guys n gals
wouldnt let me post this on normal forum so here goes...
done a bit of self levelling before(always onto concrete with the stuff from topps-just add water)always been 4 or 5m jobs,but this week landed 3 jobs which all need kitchen concrete floors levelling,all between 10-20m. Now previously,ive done it to an okayish standard that is tileable but havent really been happy with the level. What i want to know is,is there a knack or easier way of ensuring a true level rather than just pouring n trowelling to low points?All 3 floors have peaks n troughs dipping to around 12mm. Is there a better method which enables me to work to a level(marked screws in floor/straight edge/line round perimeter).Everyone says just pour n trowell but im not getting the required results.help..:mad2:

S

SandyFloor

My method is to set up a laser to to cover the room. You also drill in plugs and fix screw about every 5 ft or so. By using the laser level you can adjust the screw up and down to the level required. This now gives you levels to work to and you should be able to get it quite accurate. A 6 ft level to span between the screws can be useful. If you don't have a laser you can do it with your spirit level but it's not as accurate and takes longer to set the screws.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Save all that drilling and use levelling tripods the same as we do for flowing deep screeds. i know several sreeders who when things go wrong and they have to level screeded floors they use this method. I have used it myself on more than one occasion with thin screeds and it worked a treat

D

Daz

The bag says between 3 to 30mm.
I recently had a bathroom floor (only 4sqm) that the client had taken the old quarries up with a SDS. There were peaks and troughs all over & some were easily 25mm deep.

I poured 2 bags & that pretty much did the trick. When I went back the next day and dropped a level on it I had one small patch right by the door that needed another half a bag to bring it up to the rest of the floor.

Reply to self levelling- the easiest way? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on leveling schluter curbs. I'm installing a shower kit on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I don’t really post, I get all my info usually from just searching. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
self levelling- the easiest way?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.