Discuss Self levelling the whole ground floor for UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi'

I recently installed ufh in the ground floor of my house. went on holiday while the builders put the screed down but came back not impressed with there work.
The screed is a normal sand/cement screed, i had planned to have a wooden (engineered) floor but the screed does not look level enough.

What a nightmare.

Are normal sand/cement screeds that are hand layed normally flat enough for a wooden floor or is it normal for them to have a self levelling screed applied after?
What would be the going rate to self level a 74m sq floor in the West Midlands? with something like Ardex K15 (researching on here lol)

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

U

Unregistered

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys.

ive had a closer look at the floor and there are patches which are falling apart. i dont think it was mixed properly, (it was mixed on site) so i have told them to dig it all up!!!!

It was put down on thurs last week and it seems quite soft so hopefully it wont damage the pipes below. fingers crossed.

If it can be rescued im going to get a liquid screed pumped in next time.

Regards

Bob

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Lack of cement, poor compaction, poor levels ........ You are right to dig it up and start again. Unfortunately you will be lucky to save the pipes as well well but best of luck. If ou need any info on liquid screeds private message me or ask on he forums.

U

Unregistered

They are breaking it out today so im just hoping that as it is only a weak old and seems to be a weak mix it will break up without damaging the pipes.

The pipes are still under 2.5 bar water pressure so they will find out!!

I have contacted some liquid screed suppliers and getting some quotes.

The builders were reluctant to pull the floor up as they think that i wont pay them a penny !!!. where do i get them from?

Fingers crossed it comes up ok

Bob

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
They are breaking it out today so im just hoping that as it is only a weak old and seems to be a weak mix it will break up without damaging the pipes.

The pipes are still under 2.5 bar water pressure so they will find out!!

I have contacted some liquid screed suppliers and getting some quotes.

The builders were reluctant to pull the floor up as they think that i wont pay them a penny !!!. where do i get them from?

Fingers crossed it comes up ok

Bob

Your heating pipes should be tested to minimum 6 bar pressure. Bs1264. Should be screeded at same pressure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Self levelling the whole ground floor for UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Self levelling the whole ground floor for UFH
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.